So I decided that I just had to tell you about two of my good friends that I have made within my ward. They are what I've considered Guardian Angels, but in the physical form. First ones name is Jana and the second ones name is Stephenie (not a mis spelling, she is named after a boy family relative Stephen). I originally met these two way back when but possibly never knew that I met them. I was in their ward when I first moved here (Texas) in Aug. of 2006. Due to my poor participation, I met only a handful of people, yet they still opened their hearts and arms to me and my family. Parkway is an amazing ward. We then move out then because almost everyone that knows me, knows I moved at least a couple more times, so I kept popping back into Parkway Ward. Well, when Drake decided he wanted to be baptized, I knew I had to be more serious and be a "good" example. I met Jana that Sunday. She was the Primary President and I needed help knowing where Drake was supposed go. I just knew in my heart I was supposed to meet her for a reason. We discovered that we had boys that were very close in age and that Drake would be going to the same school in the "new" year (we had special permission to stay at the school we were at until the end of the year since we moved in the middle of a school year) We started hanging out more. I got to meet her fabu family. Jana is a proud owner of 4 kids and a wonderful husband. She didn't mind me ('cause we all know you either love or hate me, there is no in between) helped me meet even more wonderful women in our ward. Then enter in Stephenie. I met her through Jana. Stephenie has a wicked sense of humor and love of life and kids. Her oldest is near the ages of Jana's oldest and mine. The only good/bad thing is her oldest is a girl. Stephenie is a proud owner of 5 kids. I'm usually around Stephenie in a group, so not alot of one on one time...yet. Time slowly goes by and these women have been exceptional to me. One day last year, I had to leave work early due to a REALLY horrible migraine. Drake had choir that day and I normally pick him up after I get off work. My head was so wrong that day, I ended up taking a Vicodine. For those who have never taken one of those, I say you are blessed. For those who have, wow, enjoy the ride. James was unable to get off work in time to pick him up from choir, so I called Jana in panicked tears. She wasn't picking up her oldest from choir that day, Stephenie was (yes all our kids are in choir together too) but she went packed up her 3 kiddos and picked up Drake. Plus she brought over rolls...she scoffed at herself saying, it's only rolls, I wish I had more, but let me tell you, those rolls were AWESOME. James had a dinner already planned and it complimented it perfect. I honestly think her quiet goodness was what my soul needed in a friend. Stephenie helped me in many ways too. She shared her Christmas spirit by dropping by goodies. She has accepted me, need I say more? Both Jana and Stephenie helped me with my sister. She has never been really comfortable around Mormons, but those two are shining examples of what it means not to judge and to be kind. (Even if we have you in tears due to laughter during a prayer)
Well to start out this wonderful new year, I've decided to change myself. How can I serve my husband, kids, brothers, sisters, parents and the Lord better? I have been praying for that change. I have gone back to my ways of paying tithing no matter what. Our ward was split due to a new building that was built and the fact our ward as HUGE. I think we were closing in on 500 members and steadily growing since there is something in the Texas water that makes sure at least 5 women at pregnant at the same time. (The year I was pregnant with Bella, there were 17 other ladies in various stages of pregnancy to laugh with)
Stephenie is now the Primary President of our new ward and Jana is a Counselor in our Relief Society. Must admit I knew they would get great callings right away, they are that good. But I knew the Lord had plans for me this year and it happened. I got called to be a Primary Teacher for CTR 7 which are the kids that are 7 turning 8 and 8 is when normally the kids are baptized. I never realized how blessed you are when reading about our Heavenly Father and Jesus through the eyes of a 7 year old. I am re-learning things that I never knew I even forgot. I do my lessons with an open heart and an open mind. I sit in Primary and try to remember all those songs that I sang so long ago and even better news....Jana's 2nd child is in my class and I couldn't be more excited.
So because of this calling, I've been in contact with Stephenie more, she is sooo probably getting tired of me. I call people and love to sit on the phone, did I mention that Jana and Stephenie are the lucky ones that get to stay at home with their kids? No, well I don't know how Stephenie does it but we have a great conversation filled with laughter and her wicked sense of humor for at least 30 min before her reality sets in and wants her attention back.
Thank you to these women, you helped me when I was weak, you understand when I wanted to give up, you helped me show myself that I am that strong.
I'm totally going to stick to them like white on rice...just kidding. I'm learning to make friends again :) and I hope some of their wicked skills rub off on me...like Stephenie's cake decorating skills or Jana's cooking.
Did I mention that I have a picture of Jana, but sadly not of Stephenie...soon though...soon
No comments:
Post a Comment