My Sister, Cindy came down the last weekend I was in Lake Quinault to get away for some rest and relaxation and some fun hiking. Since I am waiting for James' computer, I thought I'd finish with what I had with me. This is from the end of July 2011.
This is what Bella loved to do. Get her books and read.
She is sitting in the front area of the kitchen, where people would check in.
And this is what Drake would be doing...playing games!
Most days were either raining or low clouds like this.
Regardless, I thought this was beautiful. Nevermind, I froze in the 50 to 60 degree weather.
To wake up every day and see views like this....heaven!
Just another view of the lush green trees and grass. My poor state of Texas has been in a drought mode since March 2011!
This is Reggie. He's one of the owners dogs and Bella was just in love with him.
This is the weather on the morning of our hike.
Cindy and Drake at the steps to the front of the property of Lake Quinault Resort.
Some pretty flowers by the steps.
Bad picture of a creepy spider web.
Round trip this is a 30 minute hike. Not bad when you have Drake, Bella, Maddie, Cindy and Aubrey along!
Some really vibrant berries on a tree. Of course they probably are poisonous.
Most of the hike was just going up stairs.....Drake, Maddie, Bella (as you can see, she got spoiled once again because someone was willing to carry her) and Aubrey.
Just a glance up. The whole way was shaded due to we were in the middle of a forest!
Aubrey and Bella
Bella made a discovery of this Lady Bug and begged for a picture. So here you go!
Maddie and Drake would hike way ahead of us all and just sit and wait....
Bella and Aubrey caught up first...then the caboose, is Cindy and I. Mostly because I usually stopped for many pictures along the way and Cindy did the same.
My favorite picture of all. Cindy helping Bella WALK along.
Here is the Big Cedar Tree!
Another view of it.
Backside of it. And yes, this tree is still "alive"
Even with this big hole in it. And with Aubrey, Bella, Maddie and Drake in it!
Another picture of those cute kids.
This is inside looking up. Looks dead right?
Looking at the back from inside with Maddie.
Inside looking at the front. There are some growths on this tree that makes it be able to have the label of alive.
Close up of the girl that demanded to wear her Tinkerbell glasses while hiking.
New meaning to rose colored glasses, right?
On the way down, this was a normal site. Cindy helping Bella walk down those steps, especially if there was mud.
This is where Bella became pouty and didn't move for 15 minutes.
If you can see beyond the trees, there is a river there....somewhere there...
After our hike, is when we headed to Oregon so I could see my friends and family there.
No comments:
Post a Comment