So this isn't like my normal happy go lucky posts. Again this will not have pictures. I still have no clue how to fix my picture overload problem. One day I will but not today. So most people know I am in school. Most people know I am LDS. I had to write a paper in one of my classes about my Path to Success in my receiving my associates/bachelors/masters degree. My teacher in this class has been awesome! I've met them and we got along really well. Anytime we get back a paper, there is always a teachers comment. On this paper it was commented that I need to scale back how much I am "volunteering" for church while in school. It said that I am allowed not to give 110% spiritually while getting my degree. It has saddened me and made me feel a little discouraged towards school. The Lord is the whole reason why I am even in school and if I can't give Him a 110%, them why would He bless me? The Lord has made it possible that I could go to school debt free and that I am able to stay at home with my kids. I honestly do not have a ton of things that I do for my church. In fact, some days I feel like I'm not doing enough and I need to learn more skills to do indexing for genealogy. That I need to do my own genealogy and even attend the temple more. I live within 10 miles of a temple and only go once a month! My faith is one of my main values of my life and I wouldn't/couldn't do school without it. Getting my degree is a lifetime goal but so is staying true to my faith and following the teachings. I will not negotiate that at all. But I'd it seems I'm more hermit like than normal, it's strictly because I am going to do the Summer term and Fall term too. If I can do my Associates in 2 years, I will!!
Sorry for the word vomit but I have a huge need to get rid of this negativity.
2 comments:
i love you, friend! your faith is absolutely inspiring! poop on that professor! :)
Just b/c he's a professor, he obviously doesn't know it all. Yeah, I'd totally discredit that comment. I feel sorry for him.
Post a Comment