Sunday, May 6, 2012

Stealing Children

That's a horrible title. It really is...BUT it's what I do. I beg, plead, sneak all my friends' kids to get my baby time. Since it doesn't look like we will ever have a third, I try to help my friends that have babies/toddlers by watching them during the day and/or sneaking them in during sharing time for Primary. I love the fact that all my friends are very willing to let me have them for an hour or two or even more if needed, that I can spread my love of babies to them. Don't think I don't love my own children, because I do. Boy do I, but when you have a boy child that is on the cusp of manhood/teenager hood that he doesn't let you love on him like you used to. Also a willful 4 year old that just want to run around and cause havoc isn't ready for love either. Mind you, I steal my friends' older kids too so there is someone to entertain the 4 year old, but babies are still my favorite! Plus you can't call it stealing when you're boy child has his friends over, it's called "hanging out...."

No comments: