13 years ago, Drake quickly came into my life. I went into labor around midnight when my water broke and had you at 3:50am. Ever since then you have kept me on my toes, always into something. Since 3 months you have not been still, and I'm still waiting to catch my breath. I have watched you transform into this wonderful young man and sometimes my heart breaks because you are no longer my "baby!" You are my teenage man and I still wait for you hugs and kisses since those are few and far in between. I love you my tall boy and I will love you forever and ever!!
Drake 1 month old
Drake between 4-6 months. He was nicknamed Java the Hut...
Drake on his 1st birthday
Around 2 here
Around 3 here
Around 4 here
Still around 4
Around 5 or 6 here
9 almost 10
Between 10 & 11
Just a month ago...my oh my! What a handsome young man I have.
13 things I love about Drake:
1. His smile, it's rare but when it comes, watch out!
2. His wicked sense of humor, not everyone gets it, but I do.
3. His hair, though to be honest, it's a love/hate relationship. He wants long hair, I want short. Either way he has really thick dirty blonde (though people argue with me on that) hair.
4. How tall he is. He is about 5'6" and only getting taller
5. How much he cares. His love for others knows no bounds. He will do anything for you, end of story.
6. His quiet, laidbackness. He has no wants, he has no desires, just leave him be and he will be happy.
7. His focus on video games. I enjoy watching him play and watching him find glitches. I have one smart puppy on my hands.
8. His stubbornness. Silly I know, but it's so like mine, but with a quieter appeal.
9. His willingness to help. Or at least when I ask it. This summer he has been my rock while James has been away. Drake had no problem taking care of Bella while I labored away in a Summer semester of college.
10. His love of board games or card games. We both can play all day and all night long. Doesn't matter what game as long as we get to play.
11. His willingness to do what is right. Not an easy thing to see since I am the Mom, but I get to hear from others what good deeds he does and what actions he takes when challenged with something wrong.
12. His love of babies. If only I could give him more, but he is more than willing to help me with my friends' kids.
13. Last but not least, his hugs. Each one fills my heart and soul until the next one, which is too few and far between...
Happy Birthday my son!









No comments:
Post a Comment