This is a perfect picture of how I have been feeling lately except I don't have a constant smile on my face. I do have other looks besides extremely happy. Responsibilities of a mother, LDS member with church callings, wife and student. Some days it feels like I have dropped EVERY little thing I keep in the air at all times. Other days I feel completely accomplished because I kept them in the air for 24 hours! How do I do it? Even I can't explain it to you. I feel like I become hermit like during a hard class that I need to study extra for, but then I feel like I dropped the mother ball because I ignore my children in my need to continuously study. Some days I feel like a true daughter of God because I am able to be of service to my fellow man, but then I feel like I dropped the wife ball because other people's kids get my focus versus my husband when he is home. My favorite days (said really, REALLY sarcastically) is when I don't leave my bed for the fear of getting up. Yes, I admit that I have days where for 24 hours I do not want to do ANYTHING. Even to go pee. I just want to wallow in my bed, become better friends with my bed, and to know my pillows quite intimately. Sad thing is, I don't really get these days, because I am a mother, wife, LDS church member with callings and student. Don't get me wrong, I couldn't/wouldn't do without any of these titles. Though I am very thankful that I don't have to add working to any of these titles too. Just some days, balancing everything sucks especially when certain thoughts creep into my mind. Whether it be what I am doing is worth it or if I truly am doing what is right. Or I just plain miss somebody. Or I get the circus theme rotating itself in my head. On those days, I truly feel crazy! But back to what everyone truly loves to hear: I am reminded by my wonderful Mother, that I can do this. I am reminded by the Lord, that through Him, I can do ALL things. I am reminded by my husband, that no matter what, it's okay. And my children tell me all the time, I love you mom, no matter what. So thank you to all of you that support this crazy balancing act I do every day. Thank you for letting me vent, cry and scream over my frustrations, even if it is about dumb Biology. It makes this balancing act a little easier to bear.

No comments:
Post a Comment