Sunday, November 11, 2012

Thankful #11: Grandparents

I am soooo thankful for Grandparents! Unfortunately, none of my grandparents are still alive, they are waiting for me in heaven along with my sister, but I do have children and their grandparents are alive and kicking! I love that my children love being around them, talk to them, hang out with them, swap pokemon with them! I love that they visit at least 1 x a year to us and we try to visit 1x a year to them. I, also, am thankful for my friend's parents that are Grandparents. They still treat my kids like one of their own grandkids and my children adore it. It's neat to get mad at our parents for letting our kids get away for things that would have gotten my behind tanned (though I don't think it's neat until after the fact when my kid is exclaiming how cool their grandparents are). We need grandparents in our lives to spoil the kids in ways we are not allowed to yet....though one day I will be a grandparent and pass along this part too!

No comments: