Today I am thankful for my oldest, Drake. He has the kindest soul. His love for his family knows no bounds. His love of babies is amazing. His humor will keep you giggling for hours. I just plainly have to toot his horn. This morning (11/19, yes I am a day behind) he stepped it up and really helped me. I didn't get a ton of sleep, I fell asleep around 3:30 am and received my sister's text to get Dillyn at 7:45am. Just exhausted, I got up to de-alarm my alarm, I wandered into Drake's room to see if he was awake and he was. So I asked him to please be out in the front room to listen for his Aunt and cousin. Without hesitation he said, no problem Mom. Satisfied that Sara could get into my house, I went back to bed. Then popped up little Bella boo, ready to take on the world. I groaned because bed was really calling my name and James was still asleep and we aren't talking about waking up anytime soon, but the dead sleep. Bella smiled sweetly to me and said Momma, I'm going to ask Drake to make me cereal. Dilemma solved, so I crashed out. 30 minutes later my body was suspicious of the quiet, seriously there was no noise. So I could not stay asleep one more minute. Popping up, I went exploring to figure out the silence of my house when I have a 5, 6 and 13 year old awake, and always raring to go. Imagine the surprise when I walked into the living room and found Dillyn fast asleep on the couch. Following the soft sounds of whispering I went into Drake's room and found him entertaining Bella quietly. Shocked, I sat down and Bella announced how awesome Drake had been.
I am truly thankful for Drake, he is my strength when I am weak and tired. He is mine and is becoming a wonderful young man with a dash of my teenage sassiness that I gave to my mom.
1 comment:
I love this post! Our family loves Drake too (Emery loves him the most!) and I don't know if I told you this, but he was so amazing when he came to our house the other day. First off he was sooo sweet with Emery. She couldn't get enough of him holding her and she just wanted to sit by/on him wherever he was. Then he and I played a game and when we decided to do something else I was going to leave the game and clean it up later but I look over and Drake is just cleaning it up by himself. Then later that night I was looking for the dishes we all had used and I couldn't find them because DRAKE LOADED THEM ALL IN THE DISHWASHER. I was like, "What?! This kid is amazing." He's so polite and tidy! So I definitely agree that Drake is awesome, and I also decided that I'm sending all my children to you for training. :)
Post a Comment